Monday, December 28, 2015

Half Bath Makeover


It's amazing how much cheering up a bathroom can do for your home. I am a big fan of color on the walls, and mixes of beautiful textures, so  I decided it would be nice to spruce up my half bath on the main floor. I am a huge fan of the color green, in fact, almost my entire home is painted green, so I decided to make an exception for the half bath. I went with a vibrant, but rich golden yellow color. I especially wanted the bathroom bright, because there are no windows and natural can only enter through the open door.






Once I taped off the bathroom, it was time for the fun to begin....and I don't mean the painting. I wanted to go with fall warm tones, especially after living in the Southwest for three years. I had purchased some time ago a bath set from Bed, Bath, and Beyond that was created by the hit show Trading Spaces. It included the warm colors from the color wheel and set the tone for the accessories in the half bath. The closest style I could find to this, I found on Ebay when I searched "Madison Stripes" and here is an example of that style <most similar>. Here are some somewhat similar designs that I was able to find... <similar here>  <similar style here> <similar here>



For color interest and fun, I purchased two guest towels from H&M in a bright red. These are perfect for half baths because of their size and light texture.

I've also always been a fan of Turkish towels, so I also found two small light orange Turkish towels off Etsy that I just love.


I purchased a small dark orange pattern mat for the room, a basket and additional towels in warm colors and white to add to the space. The other advantage of having additional towels is that if you have guests over you can switch out towels if they become saturated with water from people washing their hands.

I also wanted to incorporate some of my own art, which includes an abstract painting and drawing of my darling baby puppy dog, Oppie. The abstract isn't quite done yet, but getting there. :)



Finally, I topped the room off with a few decorative items and a set of circular mirrors from Target, which I've received multiple compliments on!

In the future I would like to add a few hanging lanterns, and possibly paint the cabinets a rich espresso color and add hardware. Have a great weekend and cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment