Thursday, February 12, 2015

Cheers! DIY Fun Wine Glass Project

This week I worked on two projects and one was a mini-project for my mother. I normally get her tulips for Valentine's day, but this year I decided to save some money and be a little more creative. I recently purchased new wine glasses and only had three of my old glasses left so I wasn't sure what to do with them. It dawned on me that my mother doesn't have anything casual for wine, only crystal or port glasse, so I decided to personalize my old glasses for her! I searched Pinterest for the easiest ways of doing this and found a few examples using Sharpie's. I adjusted and personalized my designs and this is the end result. Be sure to bake your glasses for 30 minute at 350 degrees and let them cool in the oven. The Sharpie shouldn't wash off, but I would personally only handwash them to be on the safe side.


I purchased a set of Gold, Bronze, and Silver Sharpie's from Walmart.






Here are the end results. My only concern or disappointment with this project is when the light shines directly through the writing you can see that it's not professionally done. I may try this again with Enamel Paint to ensure full coverage. On a good note, the bronze base made the dot detail much more visible once I covered the bottom of the glass. Cheers!

1 comment: