Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Society6 Art Fun!



I've recently been posting some art on Society6's webpage and can't wait to order some of the items. If you aren't familiar with the site, they produce prints for artists and you can earn money off those purchases. They print a wide variety of items including backpacks, shower curtains, clocks, pillows, and iPhone cases


I made a cover photo using the "Etsy" option on Photoshop, which isn't an exact fit, so I plan and adjusting that as I learn more about the site. I have purchased things in the past from other artists, but adding things to my own collection is pretty new to me. I've only uploaded for personal use in the past, but I want to start posting more pieces as a motivator to keep up my drawing and painting skills.

Most of the art I posted did not take long to complete and are pretty basic watercolor paintings. To upload you do need to pay attention to the requirements in order to enable thee different products. I used Photoshop Express on my phone and Paint on my desktop. I just edited the photos and adjusted the pixel size (on the shortest side) to 6500. That's it! Then you can just go into each item and adjust how you want it to appear. Pretty simple! I've selected some of my favorite items below and the links are included.









When I first signed up for Society6 it wasn't as user friendly. You had to do a lot of manual adjusting on each image in order for it to work. Now you can adjust after uploading and also drag cropped photos directly to the page to adjust for portrait or landscape items.

I've also been brainstorming about other pieces to include. I'm definitely thinking cacti and succulents, more birds, wiener dogs, abstracts, and landscapes. I may also include some posts on here about basic painting techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment