Thursday, June 18, 2015

Indoor Herbs


Another fun recent project has been growing herbs. Initially I attempted to grow them from seeds and pretty much failed miserably. My next attempt was to just purchase the plants and pot them, and so far so good! For the planters, I just picked up some basic pots from IKEA and added rocks to the bottom to help with watering and root growth. I did get some Miracle-Gro Indoor Plant Food to help too, and it's been working pretty well. 

I've been watering once a week and just adding one "pump" of the plant food. The cilantro has been the most challenging, but it seems to be picking up. The Thai basil initially was looking a little sad as well, but I think that's due to me not planting it that straight and the plant growing towards the sun. I have them sitting off my back door window, which faces east. The back patio is fairly enclosed, so hopefully they will continue to get enough sun and thrive! Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment