Thursday, June 11, 2015

Master Bedroom Updates

New mirror and lamp

My master bedroom is nearly completed and has turned out quite well! I did do a few more simple things to add a little bit of "sparkle" to the room just to add those finishing touches. Primarily I added votive candles above the TV, curtains, and a floor mirror with a light above it.


New candle holders and candles 

Hanging the candle holders from CB2 was pretty simple. I chose the wall-mounted candle holders all you need is a nail and some teal light or votive candles. I do suggest being very careful when you blow out the candles though, the wax tends to splatter. Additionally I opted for tea lights and the use of a lighter for grilling to minimize mess.

CB2 candle holder

I decided to hang them in a random pattern that I first laid out on the bed for visualization. I tried to make sure it wasn't perfectly symmetrical, but still pleasing to the eye. For example, the two outside candles I didn't want them to be too different in terms of width and height of the arrangement, but still a nice visual close to the outline of the candles. Oh, and yes that is Bill Burr and I'm glad someone in this world is trying to read...Hahaha!



Once lite it really added nice lighting to the room despite my camera not exactly capturing the effect. 


Here's another angle of the new candles. 


Next up were the MERETE curtains! They are from IKEA and were way too long so I just gathered the fabric together at the base. In time I would like to shorten them, but I do like the effect of them gathered on the ground. 

New IKEA curtains

In addition to the candles and curtains, I also finally purchased the Hovet floor mirror that I just love! It's also IKEA and has helped out a lot with getting ready in the morning. It's much larger and lighter than my old mirror, which is great if i need to move it. The Ă…RSTID wall lamp you see above the mirror was also added and extremely simple to mount. Luckily there is a plug in directly behind the mirror minimizing the exposure of the wire.

Wall lamp

Overall I'm pretty happy with the bedroom updates, in particular the candles. The curtains add a nice finished look, but they do make the room feel a bit smaller. The mirror also was a great addition and somewhat helps balance out the size issue caused by the curtains. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment